Williamsburg's Homeless & Indigent

P.O. Box 366, Lightfoot, VA 23090
Office: 757-561-3255
wsmburghomeless@yahoo.com
"Assisting people in re-gaining hope and a better way of life."

Sunday, March 30, 2003

A MAN OF HONOUR

I had called Paul Jost on Fri. and left a message on his machine about the meeting last night. Now sadly enough I will admit, I didn't know much about him when I called. Sat. when my husband and I came home from our adoption class, we received a profile letter in the mail from Mr. Jost. Then the phone rang. It was him! FATE! God brought us together. Unfortunately, he had another commitment. This I understand, he is very busy. Did I let that stop me? No. It went in one ear and out the other and kept on speaking about the homeless here. "You have convinced me I need to come for part of the meeting before my other engagement." Now considering I grew up in a political family (yes, Mr. Jeff Martin, I also came from a well-to-do family, but you would never know it unless I told you), many candidates would "make an appearance" and flee or some not come at all. NOT PAUL JOST! He was on time as he said, with his kind wife, Laura by his side. He stayed the time he told me he could. HE LISTENED! Still, at this point I didn't know much about his issues and his life (I didn't have a chance to read the mail before the meeting.)

Many politicians speak and occasionally show action, but many lack the emotion behind their words or actions. Yes, they may seem like they feel compassion, but many times there is something missing. Remember the phrase "the eyes are the window to the Soul?" This is the most accurate expression I have known. But Mr. Jost's eyes are filled with compassion, emotion and concern. This man, yes, I will stand behind in his campaign! He is human, he is real, he is what he says he is and he shows it!

When you have a problem and need some help or a shoulder to lean on, who do you go to? A person you know will be against you, who could care less what happens to you or how you feel? No! You go to a friend or family member or a person you know that truly cares and has been there before. It is the same as when you are looking at candidates, you want a person who cares and will be there for you. Not one that will stand for the government and their needs but one who stands "of the people, by the people, for the people" so we won't perish. This is your man...Paul Jost!

When I came home after the meeting, I took the time to read his profile. Yes, he is a man of his words "I will return your calls, and you will always be welcomed in my office."

MOVE OVER NORMENT. THERE IS A MAN WHO CARES WITH TRUE COMPASSION FOR US RUNNING AGAINST YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home