Williamsburg's Homeless & Indigent

P.O. Box 366, Lightfoot, VA 23090
Office: 757-561-3255
wsmburghomeless@yahoo.com
"Assisting people in re-gaining hope and a better way of life."

Wednesday, March 26, 2003

The Sinners and The Saints
You asked me to sit and talk and share with me your secrets, yet you did not know me;
You asked me to read to you from your Bible, yet you did not laugh when I stumbled on the words;
You offered me your sandwich, yet you didn’t know if it would be your last meal;
You didn’t ask for my help, yet cried when I gave the little that I could;
You said you knew what it was like to not have a friend and gave me a hug.

How many times have you been in these situations? Now read the statements below. How many times have any of you experienced any of these situations? To feel like others were accepting of you, to only find the judgement behind the actions. Where do you want to be, above or below?

You asked us to fellowship with you, yet you questioned our appearance;
You invited me to Bible Study so I could learn, yet you mocked me for my ignorance;
You had us over to dinner with your family, but did you treat us like guests;
You asked for my help, yet treated me as a servant;
You said you wanted to be our friend, yet when I needed understanding, you turned away.

Ps. 72:2-4; 12-14 He will judge Your people with righteousness, And Your poor with justice. The mountains will bring peace to the people, And the little hills, by righteousness. He will bring justice to the poor of the people; He will save the children of the needy, And will break in pieces the oppressor. For He will deliver the needy when he cries, The poor also, and him who has no helper. He will spare the poor and needy, And will save the souls of the needy. He will redeem their life from oppression and violence; And precious shall be their blood in His sight.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home