Williamsburg's Homeless & Indigent

P.O. Box 366, Lightfoot, VA 23090
Office: 757-561-3255
wsmburghomeless@yahoo.com
"Assisting people in re-gaining hope and a better way of life."

Friday, February 11, 2005

Psalm1:1-6

Yesterday was a rough day for me. Several clients had some down-falls or situations that were hindering them, and I ended up a little frustrated. Now typically when I am frustrated, I go outside and cut grass so I have the roar of the engine to block out the everyday noise and it gives me quiet time to pray (very few people will interupt a person cutting grass!) But, there is no grass here. So I went down and asked the owner if he had a rake. The back of the motel was filled with leaves, beer cans, soda cans and trash. He gladly gave it to me and I went to work. A couple of friends and clients came up to ask what I was doing and all it took to say was "I'm frustrated!" That ended that, as they walked away. For the most part, all the trash was picked up (4 garbage bags full) and leaves were raked out, but I was still mift. The back of the motel has these annoying vines that take over everything, so I started pulling. I pulled out 4 feet in depth (so they now have more of their property regained) and went down a length of 150 feet! I felt better, but, I can't leave a project undone. So today I asked for a flat head shovel so I can created a well manicured edge along the property that was regained.

Later that night, I was in prayer with my Bible in hand. I was praying about our financial situation (we are basically broke with only enough money for one week personally at the motel and need it for 5 more weeks), the ministry account, after bills is broke, SC is praying and asking for me to come back there to help to handle the homeless situation (even though I don't want to) and just a few other things going on with some of the clients. Everytime I prayed about eac of these, God kept giving me Psalm 1:1-6
Blessed is the man who doesn't walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the way of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of mockers; But his delight is in God's law; On his law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree planted by the streams of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also does not wither. Whatever he does shall prosper. The wicked are not so, But are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For God knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked shall perish.
Praise God for His wisdom, so I will be patient and keep doing what He wants me to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home