Williamsburg's Homeless & Indigent

P.O. Box 366, Lightfoot, VA 23090
Office: 757-561-3255
wsmburghomeless@yahoo.com
"Assisting people in re-gaining hope and a better way of life."

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

501(c)3

Praise God! Finally after almost 2 years, our 501(c)3 came through! We can be found on www.guidestar.com in their search for non-profits under Williamsburgs Homeless & Indigent. OK, now we have a couple of problems. 1) We ended up with 2 EIN numbers so I have to remove the bad one and 2) they combined addresses and registered it wrong. So I spent most of Monday on the phone with the IRS and Guidestar. The downfall of it is I now have 3 different forms to file to correct everything, even though it wasn't my fault. The good thing is now we can file for grants. I am soon to do a press release for the paper, which will be good for the community to know we are now 100% legit, according to the government.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home