Williamsburg's Homeless & Indigent

P.O. Box 366, Lightfoot, VA 23090
Office: 757-561-3255
wsmburghomeless@yahoo.com
"Assisting people in re-gaining hope and a better way of life."

Saturday, March 13, 2004

2 More for Our Lord!

Last week was our 2nd week meeting as a host family for the 40 Days of a Purpose Driven Life. One of our friends from YRBC came to join us to fellowship with the 'homeless' who are in the study group. Our group consists of 7 single men and 5 young adults (ages 11-20). After we watched the video tape for that week's study, Holy Spirit requested an invitation for salvation. So I asked as He said to do and immediately Jimmy's hand went up! Praise God! Tiffany, another one of our young adults wanted to, as well. Since Marshall was visiting with our group and he is a long time member of our church, I asked if he would continue to work with our new Brother and Sister in Christ. Geoff, Marshall and I were so excited about our new members in the family of Christ.

Tiffany, who is 12 yrs. old, used to "play at" church. She has gone forward in the past and been baptized four times and thought it was a big joke. But after seeing "The Passion" Tiffany realized, to quote, "I realized that I am nothing without Jesus Christ in my life. He did all that for me. The least I can do is pay Him back by living for Him." And, "I'm so excited! I feel all new inside. It feels different this time. I thought everyone had abandoned me because my mom was homeless, my sisters and I were not together and my brother doesn't believe in God so I wanted to die. I was so confused. Now I know God was with me because He didn't let me die! Now, my mom has a house for all my sisters to be together again and we are no longer homeless!" Praise God!

Jimmy, who is 20 yrs. old, is mentally challenged due to having leukemia as a child. It has affected his brain to the point now he is slow at processing information and has many seizures. He has been praying for help for many years, but only recently decided to give his life to God. He longs to feel wanted and accepted, but now understands he is a part of a greater family under Christ! He has also been praying for a job, which has been hard for him because of his challenge. Last night after prayer and Bible study, he received a phone call from a place he applied for work and he starts Monday! They actually wanted him to start Sunday but he explained he was being baptized and the boss was excited and said "Congrats!"

By their request to our Pastor, tomorrow, Tiffany and Jimmy will be baptized at YRBC. Now there is 2 less that Satan can't have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home