Williamsburg's Homeless & Indigent

P.O. Box 366, Lightfoot, VA 23090
Office: 757-561-3255
wsmburghomeless@yahoo.com
"Assisting people in re-gaining hope and a better way of life."

Thursday, February 26, 2004

A POEM BY A 12 YR. OLD HOMELESS GIRL WHOM WE ARE TRYING TO HELP GET HER SISTERS AND MOM INTO A HOME

Sweet Plants of Life

The earth is moving so fast and unfair,
People always changing moods, ways, height and size.
It's like the world never wants you to be perfect;
It just jumbles you in a ball and sits you somewhere to grow.

I sometimes like to see myself as a plant;
I grow tall, my leaves fall off and that's my personality: it changes.
I get petals and those are my feelings and I sometimes get a sense that's my attitude.

Now, I can't say I always smell good,
Or that my leaves stay the same, but I am human.
And I'm here so I share my feelings with you now.

I am a flower and no matter how I smell, look or change, I will still be a sweet plant of life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home