Williamsburg's Homeless & Indigent

P.O. Box 366, Lightfoot, VA 23090
Office: 757-561-3255
wsmburghomeless@yahoo.com
"Assisting people in re-gaining hope and a better way of life."

Sunday, May 25, 2003

Friday, Geoff and I headed out early to walk the building that will potentially be the future homeless shelter in Williamsburg. I have visited the building several times prior, but this was Geoff's first time to see it. It is a very impressive site, but will take a lot to bring it up to code. After our visit and meeting with the Directors, we headed out for SC. Friends of ours bought us tickets for the Phantom of the Opera for Sat. last year before we moved. Unfortunately, I woke up sick and as the weekend progressed, so did my 'cold'. I slept through most of the opera and dinner. When we came home to Mom and Dad's last night, I went straight to bed and slept until this morn. Since I wasn't up to it, Geoff went to church with Mom and Dad, as I lay sick in bed, typing this. We are suppose to go visit Downtown Outreach Ministries this afternoon to see how upgraded they are in their work. Especially since they picked up, where I left off 4 years ago on downtown main street with the homeless. Also, for people's benefit in Williamsburg, we are going to take some pictures of our houses here in Greenville, such as our HUD housing development, our destitute poor, middle class and upper elite. This will give an idea of my past blogs about the cost of living and quality of homes that I have compared between Williamsburg and Greenville. Tomorrow on our way home, we are stopping in Charlotte at the daughter's house of one of our Board of Directors. She has about 20 bags of clothes she has gathered from people at work and friends for donations to the future shelter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home