Williamsburg's Homeless & Indigent

P.O. Box 366, Lightfoot, VA 23090
Office: 757-561-3255
wsmburghomeless@yahoo.com
"Assisting people in re-gaining hope and a better way of life."

Sunday, April 13, 2003

To be able to continue the betterment of the homeless people, we have no choice but to become a non-profit group. Yes, this means government paperwork and id #'s, but our hearts will still remain the same. I have played this out over and over in my mind, prayed about it and finally decided it can further their process to rebuild their lives and allow us to move ahead for the shelter. Because of this, our name will also have to change (and actually not really.) Although the webpage is called "The Homeless In Williamsburg", the cards I have handed out to people is under WHI? which stands for Williamsburg's Homeless & Indigent. We also have to form a board and that is where I will be picky. My main criteria won't be past experience in regards to 'programs' but where is your heart. Why do you care? Who guides you? What do you know about homelessness? How? These are the important questions for me because many times people may have care and concern or love for the homeless but sometimes peoples' heart become hardened and forget why they stood strong for them in the first place. This I want to avoid, if possible. But, I know it is. My involvement has opened me up more to God's love, instead of turn me away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home