Williamsburg's Homeless & Indigent

P.O. Box 366, Lightfoot, VA 23090
Office: 757-561-3255
wsmburghomeless@yahoo.com
"Assisting people in re-gaining hope and a better way of life."

Friday, April 04, 2003

The Wisest Man I Have Met

First of all, notice I say 'Met' and not "Know(n)' because the wisest Man I know is Jesus; the wisest man I have met is my Father-In-Law. Dad is a 'prison minister' in SC. He has lived in several other areas, yet he is always still a 'minister to the people.' In SC, he was one of the founding Disciples of God for Miracle Hill Rescue Mission and has been an intricate Disciple for other Missions as well.

Typically we e-mail back and forth several times a day, but lately our conversations via computer have slowed down (basically due to the pain in my fingers with all the typing I am doing daily.) This morning it was easier to call him. He keeps me in check and grounded so I myself don't get off track of the basics in working with the homeless. We shared our stories of the homeless people here and achievements and his ministry with the prisoners down south. It seems several people are wanting to come to the Lord; they just need a guiding hand.

What makes him so wise? His love for God. His desire to be humbled. His desire to not 'live inside the box of stereotypes.' His words. This morning he reminded me again "it is better to bring people to God in their own time, without forcing it down their throat and through compassion (this is paraphrased.)"Jude 1:17-22 17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. 20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion, making a difference

Awhile back he had told my husband and I "to find that common bond or activity that will bring you together with others in Christ. To minister doesn't mean to preach, but to show through action. Never ask those why they aren't with God, but show them why you are." Wow, think about that! You don't need a resume to show your love for God, you don't need to even open your mouth, you don't have to be educated or even know how to read, YOU JUST BELIEVE! Now over the past week or so, I have met with several people of agencies/institutions and the one thing everyone wants to know is "what are your credentials to back you up in this so called mission?" So now I have the answer for you! My credentials come from God! If you need employment verification, educational background or even a resume, call Him! He will give a good reference for me! If you can't seem to reach Him, then I must ask YOU what are your credentials?

Again Dad, thanks for all you show me! We love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home