Williamsburg's Homeless & Indigent

P.O. Box 366, Lightfoot, VA 23090
Office: 757-561-3255
wsmburghomeless@yahoo.com
"Assisting people in re-gaining hope and a better way of life."

Friday, March 14, 2003

Wow, I just updated my page and found that I had done something correct in regards to HTML code! I guess I'm not so blond after all. Since I have the time, I have a few thank you's I would like to say.

Dr. Oglesby & Staff: Thank you for your generous donation of toothpaste and toothbrushes. Not only does your office have such a warm open environment, but also caring hearts. You have also shown that you don't have to be rich to want nice teeth and even the ess fortunate can have pride in their smile.

Paul Aron: You were the guiding light that lit my path to those I can call my new friends. You answered the question for me that nobody wanted to answer "where are the Homeless in Williamsburg?"

Angels of Mercy: You truly are Angels with all you do to help those medically, when the Government won't.

James City Community Church: Thumper, thanks for allowing me to raid the pantry last week.

York River Baptist Church: You accepted my cry for help and didn't question when I would become a member. Your Deacon hurried to my side when I rushed in during a service to aid me, even though he didn't know me. And when he heard I was panicked because I didn't have plastic forks for the Homeless to eat their first hot meal, you didn't laugh or turn away. Not only did you give me the proper eating utensils, you and your wife rushed about to find the keys to the food pantry and filled 3 bags of food for me to distribute. You are the Christians I am proud to call Brothers and Sisters.

The Homeless Guy (aka Kevin): Wow, there is so much I can say about you, but instead, I keep passing out your website! You are an inspiration to others, not just the Homeless. You provide hope to anyone who is willing to accept it. Amazing enough, you didn't think I was crazy for trying to track down a 'Homeless Guy" at his hotel. Hopefully together we can make a difference in this world and educate those to 'open their eyes, hearts & Souls' to this non-discriminating problem we call Homelessness. I pray for you in your journey throughout life. Thank you for answering my questions and just listening to me. I look forward to the day we can meet in person. And yes, I pray for your children and that one-day you can be part of their lives again. I give to you much respect and admiration. KUDOS!

Chubby and the Gang at the donut shop: Thanks for the coffee, great conversation, prayers and advice.

Dad & Mom (aka Mr. & Mrs. McKenzie): Thank you for welcoming me into your family, for accepting me as I am, past and present. Also for the advice I often call for. You have been the family I have never had in my life. But most of all thank you for bringing Geoff into this world!

Geoff, my dear loving husband: Thank you for coming into my life, breathing air into me and filling my Spirit with hope that had long been missing. You are the spark that keeps my heart aglow, the shoulder I can lean on to cry, the smile that lights up my face and the one who walks on the other side of me with God to help me up when I fall. I always knew God had a purpose for me, but never did I think I would have the Honour to share it with somebody like you! I love you as God meant for you to be loved til my dying days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home